From marine and freshwater fish to deep-sea mollusks, seafood are favorite delicacies. But they are also so useful. What are the health benefits of seafood?
1. It supplies us with the necessary nutrients. Seafood is known as a natural source of vitamins and minerals. Vitamin D, vitamins of group B (B1, B3, biotin, B12). Vitamin A helps to protect eyesight and improve immunity and reproductive function. Vitamin D is healthy for bone growth, the absorption of calcium and increases the effectiveness of the immune system, as well as cell growth.
2. Seafood promotes the health of the heart. It is very nutritious, although it does not contain fat. They have long been known for their beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system. In fact, they significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, such as arrhythmias, strokes and heart attacks.
3. Ideal for joints. It has been proven that regular intake of seafood alleviates the symptoms of arthritis. Studies have shown that omega-3 reduces stiffness in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
4. Maintain vision. Regular consumption of fish helps to keep your eyes bright and healthy. It is proven that those who consume omega-3 fatty acids with seafood suffer less from age-related degenerative changes leading to loss of vision. Fish and shellfish can also improve night vision.
5. Seafood is good for skin. Eating seafood, you retain moisture in the skin. The natural shine of the skin depends, to a greater extent, on what you eat! Omega-3 fatty acids protect the skin from ultraviolet, sunlight, and recent studies have found that fish oil helps reduce the spread of acne.
6. Seafood improves the state of the brain. Omega-3 reduces the risk of Alzheimer's disease. Sufficient consumption of omega-3 fatty acids, contribute to the proper growth of the brain in infants.
7. Seafood has a positive effect on the functioning of the immune system. Increased consumption of omega-3 can reduce the symptoms of asthma and certain types of allergies. Selenium, contained in seafood, is a powerful antioxidant.
Even if you are not a fish or sea products lover, because of the specific taste, there are many culinary tricks that are able to hide this nuance. It's all about health benefit, isn`t it?
© 2016 Copyright d.istra